Why live on the Coast of Puerto Vallarta?
- Health Benefits. Costal living and salty air can lift your spirits and actually can benefit you physically, mentally and spiritually. Did you know that the sea air is charged with ions that that actually speed up the body’s ability to absorb oxygen?
As long as you use plenty of sunblock having a daily dose of vitamin d is great for your health. Vitamin d improves your autoimmune system helps bone health, lowers your cancer risk and increases endorphins.
- Ocean as your background sound. The sound of the waves is soothing. Waves sounds alter the patterns in the brain helping you have a better night’s sleep.
- Seafood. If you live near the sea you are sure to benefit from fresh seafood year round. Whether you like Langostinos (River Craw Fish) Mahi Mahi, Fresh Tuna or Oysters on a half shell. No need to drive to the super market to fend off the crowds. Living on the coast allows you to visit a boat or seafood stand and buy direct and at a low cost.
- Affordable Exercise. Say goodbye to pricey gym memberships. Living seaside allows you to exercise whenever however. Paddle Surfing works the core, Ocean swimming offers great resistance, Kayaking is great for the arms, Beach combing is great for the tummy, Surfing is great for the spirit, and sandcastle making keeps the kids active. Did you know that a relaxing swim can burn up to 200 calories?
- Whether you wish to own your own boat or rent at your own leisure. Second home destinations in Mexico boast Marinas of all styles to offer moorage to sail and power boats of all sizes. Chartering boats is a favorite activity for snow birders as they can choose how many hours and where to go, have a cheerful deck mate take care of them all day and then leave the clean up to someone else.
- Happy Pets and Happy Kids. Living by the sea if you are a pet owner or proud parent offers endless opportunities for happiness. In Mexico there are no strict on leash policies and Mexico is home to hundreds and thousands of furry part and full time residents who enjoy the sun sand and sea! Children can roam freely on the beaches of Mexico. Tidal pools, boogie boarding, searching for shells, there’s a beach for all South of the border.
So if you are living in a big city or far inland away from ocean breezes, take into consideration a move to test the waters living coastal.