Getting ready to batten down the hatches for the first rains of the season? Wondering what day the first heavy magical rain fall will arrive?
To prepare for the rain here are a few tips to help make the process a bit easier.
- Make sure you have your air conditioners serviced. Temperatures can rise up into the high 30 degrees celcius with an extreme humidity factor.
- If you don’t have air-conditioning make sure your fans are clean and ready. Nothing is worse than puffs of dust blowing off upon first turn on of the year.
- Make sure to have plenty of ice cube trays ready and full and if you have an ice machine in your refrigerator make sure to have it serviced.
- Get ready for must smells. Air out your pillows, linens and towels from time to time or you might find a nest of unwanted creatures or mold.
- Get used to having bad hair days. The rainy seasons brings high humidity so there is no real reason to style your hair. Get ready to clip your hair up off your neck.
- It is quite normal for satellite t.v systems and internet to go out during torrential downpours. Make sure you have good reading material.
- Chill wet towels in the freezer and wrap around your neck when working on the computer or house.
- If you have screens make sure they are functioning and always close them before you depart your house. This is dune bug season and you can come home finding your house invaded by a parade of dopey plump insects or flying palomillas (Termites) who love to drop their wings in your home.
- If you see dark skies coming in from the North, avoid going out and stay home to watch the beautiful electrical storms. Fransisco Villa, Fransisco Medina and downtown streets can flood fast during the summer season.
- Live it up and make sure you have a full bar with lots of fresh fruits for frozen cocktails.
Congratulations! You are in the tropics during rainy season! It´s all an adventure and more fun with www.CupoCity.com.